Join the Data Commons Co-op
People everywhere have been organizing a more ethical economy, but they work in relative isolation, fragmented by geography, sector, and even organizational form.
Many organizations collect information about a small piece of these efforts. In every situation, there is another organization for which that information overlaps. In every case there is an opportunity to share that will strengthen all the organizations participating.
Sharing requires effort, it requires trust, and it requires infrastructure. The Data Commons is a cooperative of organizations that are sharing – sharing the costs of this effort, trusting each other with their information, and building infrastructure to make sharing is easy.
Members of the Data Commons Cooperative are principled economic organizations that want it to be easy to share with each other, and with the world, in the movement for a more ethical economy.
Please contact us at the tiniest breath of trouble.
Who are we?
Our members, in reverse order of date of joining:
- Cooperative Grocer Network
- Solidarity Piedmont
- Shareable and the Sharing Cities Network
- Solidarity Economy Network
- Rocky Mountain Farmers Union Co-op Development Center
- Northwest Cooperative Development Center
- Cooperative Development Institute
- New Economy Coalition
- Grassroots Economic Organizing
- Solidarity NYC
- Manitoba Cooperative Association
- Carolina Common Enterprise
- Cooperative Fund of New England
- Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy
- Food Co-op Initiative
- North American Students of Co-operation
- Cooperation Works!
- Sarapis Foundation
- Canadian Worker Co-op Federation
- US Federation of Worker Co-ops
- Cooperative Maine